An easy recipe for creme brulee cupcakes that dresses up an ordinary box of cake mix.
Provided by Liz E Lizard
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- Mix cake mix, water, caramel topping, oil, eggs, and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract in large bowl with mixer on medium speed or beat vigorously by hand, about 2 minutes. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 14 to 19 minutes. Cool in the tins for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix whipping cream and brown sugar together with an electric mixer until sugar has dissolved. Add remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla and continue mixing until peaks appear in the cream.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 291.3 calories, Carbohydrate 25.3 g, Cholesterol 77.7 mg, Fat 20.5 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 2.6 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 176.7 mg, Sugar 15.2 g
You'll also love