An easy recipe for creme brulee cupcakes that dresses up an ordinary box of cake mix.
Provided by Liz E Lizard
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- Mix cake mix, water, caramel topping, oil, eggs, and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract in large bowl with mixer on medium speed or beat vigorously by hand, about 2 minutes. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 14 to 19 minutes. Cool in the tins for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix whipping cream and brown sugar together with an electric mixer until sugar has dissolved. Add remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla and continue mixing until peaks appear in the cream.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 291.3 calories, Carbohydrate 25.3 g, Cholesterol 77.7 mg, Fat 20.5 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 2.6 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 176.7 mg, Sugar 15.2 g
Top Asked Questions
How to make the perfect Creme Brulee?How to Make the Perfect Crème BrûléeHeat the cream, vanilla, and salt I never have vanilla bean on me so I always prepare this using the vanilla extract option (adding it after heating). ...Beat yolks with sugar, combine mixtures, prepare dishes, and bake! Like the recipe says, beat together the yolks and sugar. ...Crystallize the tops and enjoy!
How to make Creme Brulee without a torch?InstructionsPreheat the oven to 320°F. ...In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks and the granulated sugar together until thick and pale. ...Use a ladle to distribute the batter among 5 (6 oz.) ramekins. ...Bake the custard for 1 hour just until the centers are slightly wobbly. ...To brulee, sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of the turbinado sugar over each frozen creme brulee. ...
What does Creme Brulee taste like?The classic creme brulee taste like a mix of caramel and vanilla since they are the two main flavors it has. In the last few years, the ingredients of the creme have changed, and people are incorporating other ingredients like lemon, coffee cinnamon, and butterscotch to make it more distinctive in taste.
What are some good recipes to cook Creme Brulee?Preheat oven to 300F (150C).In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks with sugar and vanilla until thick, creamy and pale yellow colored.Place the cream into a saucepan and heat until just begins to boil at the edges. ...Place 4 (8oz-220g) ramekins into a larger pan. ...Bake for about 30-35 minutes until set and trembling into the center. More items...
You'll also love