If you like pineapple upside down cake, you will LOVE this grilled pineapple. Basic ingredients compliment each other perfectly. This is really best when served still hot along with vanilla ice cream, with the warm sauce drizzled on both the pineapple and the ice cream. Prep time does not include time for the pineapple to macerate since that is very flexible.
Provided by Catfish Charlie
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cut the pineapple into 8 wedges, remove core and rind with a knife.
- Place the wedges into a freezer bag with the brown sugar, seal the bag and massage brown sugar onto the wedges.
- Allow the pineapple to macerate in the brown sugar for anywhere from two hours to two days; refrigerate if macerating more than a few hours. The pineapple should release enough juice to dissolve the brown sugar completely.
- Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Add the vanilla and rum to the bag, seal and shake.
- Remove the pineapple from the bag and place it on the grill.
- When the pineapple becomes caramel colored on the bottom side, rotate it. Repeat for each of the 3 sides of each wedge, then remove from the grill.
- Pour the juice from the bag into a saucepan and reduce over medium heat to a thick syrup (be careful of flare-ups during the first minutes since there will be alcohol from the rum and vanilla extract).
- Serve the pineapple alongside a main dish or serve with ice cream and drizzle with the reduction sauce.
Top Asked Questions
How to make pineapple rum sauce?In a heavy saucepan, combine the butter and the garlic until the garlic starts turning brown, about 3 minutes. Add the rum, sugar, pineapple juice, ketchup, cinnamon and cloves. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce gets nice and thick.
How to grill pineapple?How To Grill Pineapple. Cut pineapple into thick slices . Use generous amount of brown sugar, cinnamon powder and rum (if using) on both sides on pineapple slices. Allow the pineapple to sit in the sugar mix for minimum 30 minutes.
How to make pineapple sauce?Directions. While the last batch of pineapple cooks, heat the butter, sugar and rum in a small saucepan over a low heat, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved and the sauce has thickened slightly, about 2 minutes. Remove the sauce from the heat. Place a pineapple ring on each plate,...
How to make rum sauce for grilled ham steak?Grilled Ham Steak and Pineapple with a sweet and savory rum sauce. In a heavy saucepan, combine the butter and the garlic until the garlic starts turning brown, about 3 minutes. Add the rum, sugar, pineapple juice, ketchup, cinnamon and cloves. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce gets nice and thick.
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #desserts #fruit #easy #low-fat #dietary #low-sodium #gluten-free #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #healthy-2 #free-of-something #low-in-something #tropical-fruit #pineapple
You'll also love