FLAKY CHEDDAR CHIVE BISCUITS
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine your milk and lemon juice and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Next Grate the frozen butter into the dry ingredients and then stir gently to combine.
- Add the grated cheese and chives and stir to combine.
- Add the beaten egg to the milk and then pour into the dry ingredients. Stir gently just until mixture comes together. The dough will feel a bit wet and sticky.
- Turn out onto a generously floured counter top, or a large piece of parchment paper. Flour the top of the dough then press with your hands until dough is about 1/2 inch thick. Next fold the dough in half and press again to 1/2 inch thick. Repeat one more time.
- With a biscuit or cookie cutter, cut dough into rounds pressing straight down. Place on parchment lined baking sheet leaving about 1/4 inch space between biscuits.
- Place into oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until biscuits are golden.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 165 kcal, Carbohydrate 16 g, Protein 5 g, Fat 9 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Cholesterol 34 mg, Sodium 271 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
FLAKY CHEDDAR-CHIVE BISCUITS
These wonderful, buttery biscuits complement any dinner. -Betsy King, Duluth, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 biscuits.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir in cheese and chives. Add buttermilk; stir just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times., Pat or roll dough to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236 calories, Fat 13g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 37mg cholesterol, Sodium 440mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
SAVORY CHEDDAR CHIVE BISCUITS
This is a featured recipe from the chefs at Great Cooks on Eight, one of the largest culinary centres in Canada.
Provided by blucoat
Yield 13 biscuits
Number Of Ingredients 10
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
- MIX dry ingredients in bowl. Crumbling butter into mix. Using your hands, work mixture until it resembles cornmeal. Stir in cheese and chives.
- WHISK egg, cream and buttermilk. Pour into the flour mixture and combine until the dough forms a ball.
- LIGHTLY flour a work surface and roll out dough anywhere from 1/2-inch to 1-inch thickness. Using a cutter, cut biscuits from dough.
- ARRANGE on parchment lined baking tray. Bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
CHEDDAR & CHIVE BISCUITS
This recipe comes from the Bevo Mill restaurant in St. Louis, Missouri. (It's right up the street from my house). These are very good.
Provided by mydesigirl
Yield 18 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In large bowl with fork, stir flour, Cheddar cheese, sugar, baking powder, chives, and salt until combined.
- Add butter and oil and stir just until mixed.
- Add milk and stir just until mixtture forms a soft dough that leaves side of bowl (do not overmix).
- Drop dough by 1/4 cups, 1 inch apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake biscuits about 20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool biscuits slightly on wire rack to serve warm or cool completely to serve later.
- Reheat if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188.8, Fat 8.1, SaturatedFat 3.5, Cholesterol 13.6, Sodium 340.5, Carbohydrate 24.9, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 4.7, Protein 4.1
You'll also love