- Beat softened butter (1/4 cup), chives, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl until well-combined and smooth.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Cut cold butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles oatmeal. Add Cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat.
- Stir buttermilk into flour mixture until dough is just-moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and gently knead until dough comes together, about 6 to 8 times.
- Roll dough into a 9-inch square (1/2 inch thick) with a floured rolling pin. Cut dough lengthwise into 4 strips and crosswise into 6 strips. Place biscuits on a baking sheet and brush tops with beaten egg.
- Bake biscuits in the preheated oven until golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool until warm, at least 15 minutes.
- Serve biscuits with chive butter.
- Note: You can substitute hot sauce for the cayenne pepper, if desired.
- Note: Chive butter can be made 2 days ahead and kept chilled, covered. Bring to room temperature before using.
Top Asked Questions
What are Cheddar chive biscuits?These flaky cheddar chive biscuits are so tender they just melt in your mouth. Loaded with fresh cheddar cheese and savoury chives, these biscuits are perfect with soups or stews or as a side with any meal. Is there anything better than fresh, homemade biscuits hot from the oven? Maybe, but probably not much!
How to make biscuits?To make the biscuits: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, garlic salt, and pepper. Stir the ingredients to evenly combine. Add the softened butter, and work it into the dry ingredients until the butter becomes mealy in the flour.
How to make biscuits with cheese and parsley?Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Separate each biscuit into 2 layers. Place 8 biscuit pieces on ungreased cookie sheet; brush with butter mixture. Sprinkle each with about 2 teaspoons Cheddar cheese. Top each biscuit with remaining biscuit layers. Brush with butter mixture; sprinkle with remaining Cheddar cheese and parsley flakes.
How do you make cheesy garlic biscuits?These cheesy garlic biscuits will make a perfect addition to any weeknight meal. Heat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, stir melted butter, Old Bay™ seasoning and garlic powder until well mixed. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Separate each biscuit into 2 layers. Place 8 biscuit pieces on ungreased cookie sheet; brush with butter mixture.
You'll also love