We like to try different spring roll recipes. Each one is a little unique. Darla's mom's version of spring rolls is delicious. Frying the tasty filling in really thin lumpia wrappers gives these rolls a nice crunch with every bite. Dip in your favorite sauce (we opted for sweet chili) and you have a perfect appetizer or snack.
Provided by Darla Mays
Categories Other Side Dishes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- 1. Soak the bean threads in water for 1 hour. Drain well. Cut threads into 4 inches pieces. Set aside.
- 2. Preheat hot oil in a deep fryer. Mix pork, onion, salt, pepper, ginger, soy sauce, garlic, and yolks together in a bowl.
- 3. Add carrots, bean sprouts, and bean threads. Mix using fork and spoon.
- 4. Place a couple of teaspoons of mixture on a wrap.
- 5. Wet the edges of wraps using egg whites mix with water, roll them up, and seal. Using the egg whites and water mixture on the edges helps to create a seal.
- 6. Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 7. Serve with sauce of your choice. Enjoy!
You'll also love