My husband lived in Mexico for several years and loved Enchiladas Suizas (Swiss Enchiladas). I found this recipe, and he said that it tastes just like the ones his 'mamita' made him.
Provided by LOSTUTTLES
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a bowl, mix together chicken, chilies, and salsa.
- In a wide, shallow dish stir together salt and whipping cream.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Fry each tortilla for a few seconds, until it blisters, and immediately dip into cream and salt.
- Fill fried tortillas with chicken mixture. Roll and place flap side down in a baking dish. Pour remaining cream over tortillas, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated oven until cheese has melted, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 640.3 calories, Carbohydrate 28.3 g, Cholesterol 170.2 mg, Fat 48.9 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 23.1 g, SaturatedFat 26 g, Sodium 663.4 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #main-dish #poultry #mexican #chicken #meat #chicken-breasts
You'll also love