Here's what you need: unsalted butter, milk, active dry yeast, salt, sugar, bread flour, cake flour, shredded mozzarella cheese
Provided by Sonomi Shimada
Yield 3 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter and milk and microwave for 50 seconds.
- Mix with a spatula until the butter is completely melted.
- Add the active dry yeast and mix well. Add the salt and sugar and mix well.
- Fold in the bread flour and cake flour until fully incorporated and microwave for 20 seconds.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and divide it into 6 pieces. Take a piece and roll it into a ball. Roll it out to a round about ⅛ inch (3-mm) thick using a rolling pin. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Put a third of the cheese into the center of the dough. Top with another dough round and crimp the edges to seal. Repeat with the remaining cheese and dough.
- Heat a medium nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add a filled naan round and cook for 3 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Flip the naan bread, then use a spatula to flatten and cook for 3 minutes more. Cook the remaining naan.
- Slice into wedges and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 468 calories, Carbohydrate 64 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 21 grams, Sugar 9 grams
Top Asked Questions
How to make the perfect naan bread?Into the bowl of your standing mixer, stir together the active dry yeast, sugar, and the warmed water. ...Now, add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl. ...Once everything is mostly combined, allow it to knead for 10 minutes, still on the lowest speed.Lightly grease a large mixing bowl with olive oil. ... More items...
What are ingredients in naan bread?Ingredients2 tablespoons warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)1 teaspoon white sugar1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast¼ cup warm milk¼ cup plain yogurt, room temperature4 tablespoons melted butter3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour1 teaspoon salt½ teaspoon baking powder½ teaspoon nigella seeds (kalonji) (Optional)
Does Naan taste like pita bread?The Flavor Although pita bread can be made to taste great by giving it a longer fermentation (rising) time, naan bread is generally superior in terms of flavor. Since pita bread is so basic, its flavor is enhanced by the dish it’s paired with. On its own, pita bread isn’t as flavorsome as naan.
Is naan bread low carb?Traditional naan is an oven-baked flatbread that is found in various Indian and Asian cuisines, but it’s made with flour and definitely isn’t low carb or keto. I came up with this almond flour flatbread version that’s packed with protein and fiber. Naan often has yogurt in it, so I used keto friendly full-fat Greek yogurt in this one.
You'll also love