Here I am being obsessive about black pepper... again! :D This a quick, easy, delicious recipe that includes black pepper dumplings! Yay! My family likes this a lot. Hope you enjoy as well!
Provided by Patty Ward
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1. Heat 1-1/2 cups milk, the peas, carrots, chicken and soup to boiling in 3-quart saucepan. Lower heat a little and soup should return to just a bubble.
- 2. Stir bisquick mix, 1/3 cup milk and the pepper until soft dough forms. Drop dough by 8 spoonfuls onto chicken mixture.
- 3. Cook covered over low heat 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer. Sprinkle with parsley.
- 4. Notation: To keep Bisquick mix fresh longer, refrigerate after opening. For tender dumplings, don't overmix the dough. Mix just until moistened.
- 5. I sometimes add a can of whole potatoes to the pot when hubby is extra hungry. I serve this with a nice salad and artisan bread.
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken dumplings?Add 1 cup flour, remaining salt and baking powder and mix all together. Cut the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture is crumbly. Add 1 tablespoon of the parsley and mix. In 6 large spoonfuls, drop dumpling mixture onto the top of the simmering chicken. Cover the pot and let all simmer for 10 minutes more.
What are the ingredients in dumplings?· Seasonings: This dish is simply seasoned with salt and ground black pepper. · Milk: Milk adds richness to the dumplings and keeps them moist. · Flour: All-purpose flour creates structure and helps bind the dumplings together. · Baking powder: Baking powder is essential for the fluffiest dumplings.
What are southern chicken and dumplings made of?A classic Southern homemade chicken and dumplings recipe is made with basic ingredients like flour, milk, celery, onion, chicken broth, garlic, salt, pepper, and of course, chicken. What other names are there for Southern chicken and dumplings?
You'll also love