Orange juice lights up the marinade with bright flavor, for boneless, skinless chicken thigh skewers that you grill, outside. Each skewer is filled with colorful, healthy veggies and the added bonus of fresh pineapple. Serve over your favorite rice, and add a green vegetable or salad.
Provided by Bibi
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine coconut aminos, orange juice, avocado oil, ginger, and chile-garlic paste in a gallon-sized resealable bag. Season marinade with salt and pepper and add chicken pieces. Gently squeeze the sides of the bag, coating all of the chicken with the marinade. Squeeze out as much air as possible, seal, and spread out chicken pieces in a single layer inside the bag.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight, turning the bag a few times during that time.
- Drain marinade into a small saucepan and add pineapple juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil until marinade has reduced to 1/2 cup, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, alternately thread each skewer with chicken, bell pepper, onion, zucchini, and pineapple. Repeat until each skewer is filled.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Set skewers on the hot grill grate. Brush with reduced marinade, reduce heat to medium, close the lid, and grill 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and brush with marinade reduction. Monitor for flare-ups, and move skewers as necessary to manage any flames. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Serve skewers over hot cooked rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 522.3 calories, Carbohydrate 56.1 g, Cholesterol 71.6 mg, Fat 21.9 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 23.4 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 798.8 mg, Sugar 18 g
You'll also love